For those that don’t know me very well I just want to share some things about me:
1. I was born in Bogota, Colombia and moved to the USA in 1996 at 11 years old. We moved to Kansas and we lived there 16 years. I had to learn English in 5th grade by communicating with my teacher through a dictionary. No one in my classroom and no other teachers spoke Spanish. Instead of learning with everyone else, I spend all year in a computer and with my English second language teacher learning.
2. When I was in high school, I couldn’t play sports because my mom couldn’t afford it and I knew it so I never asked. But I was drawn towards weight training and I took it twice.
3. I met my husband when I was 21 and he proposed a month later and I got married at 22 years old. My husband is ten years older than me and has 4 grown boys.
4. Even though I took weight training twice in high school, I still didn’t know what I was doing and my husband always loved bodybuilding so we quickly became workout partners and he taught me everything I needed to know. Since then I have been lifting weights and working out for 12 years now and I have entered 2 figure competitions (it’s like bodybuilding for those who are not familiar) and I took 5th place in my first competition and 1st place my second competition and overall novice.
5. I got saved in 2010 and became a Christian. All I know is that I was crying and couldn’t stop at church and they asked if anyone wanted to accept Jesus as their Lord and savior and I knew in my heart I needed God desperately! Ever since then I know how real God is and He has carried me through the most difficult situations of my life. His Word says: If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me Jeremiah 29:13.
6. I have a weak heart when it comes to animals. I love all kinds of animals and I connect really well with them and I spoil them like they are our kids.
7. I am a little goofy at times and some things go over my head and that’s why I got the nickname Peanut from Jeff Dunham Show. Hey, I blame it on English being my second language, haha!